free, in-store performances and events…

Stacks Image 11177
>HALLOWEEN (2018) OST Record Release and Trick-or-Treat Party!
FRIDAY, 19th OCTOBER 2018
6:00PM-7:00PM
To celebrate the upcoming release of John Carpenter's 'Halloween OST', Sacred Bones has decided to partner with LUNA music on release weekend, October 19, for a trick or treat/record release party!

Stop by the night of October 19th at 6PM and you will a receive custom trick or treat bags designed by Sacred Bones! We'll have some super rad jack-o-lanterns placed around the shop as trick or treat stations with Halloween-themed goodies inside including candy, stickers, postcards, and more! The last jack-o-lantern is a special one, as it will serve as an enter-to-win-contest ballot box for a free copy of the record as well as a secret, limited edition Halloween 12"...
 

the LUNA pick(s)-of-the-moment...

Stacks Image 11186
>Jason Isbell and The 400 UnitLive From The Ryman CD/2xLP (Southeastern Records)
Live From The Ryman was primarily recorded during Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit’s six sold-out nights at Nashville's legendary Ryman Auditorium in 2017. The double album features 13 live versions of songs from Isbell’s last three critically acclaimed, award-winning studio albums - Southeastern (2013), Something More Than Free (2015) and The Nashville Sound (2017) - including the Grammy winning tracks “24 Frames” and “If We Were Vampires” plus fellow standouts “Cover Me Up”, “Something More Than Free” and “Elephant”, fully documenting Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit’s emergence as one of the finest live bands on the road today. [Limited indie-exclusive vinyl pressing also available.]
 

latest LUNA merch...

Stacks Image 11164
>the JON ROGERS LUNA LAMP Sweatshirt
Our man Jon Rogers has cooked up yet another instant classic for us! What would we do without him? The LUNA lamp design brings a vintage vibe for you to rock on your future days...
Printed on a super soft/super cozy French Terry Reversible Alternative Apparel!
Stacks Image 11120
>LUNA music / NATHANIEL RUSSELL YETI SOCKS
Keep your feet sweet with these LUNA music / Nat Russell Yeti Socks!
These 98% cotton ring-spun knit socks are cozy from the jump...
Stacks Image 11136
>the JON ROGERS LUNA LAMP Sweatshirt
Our man Jon Rogers has cooked up yet another instant classic for us! What would we do without him? The LUNA lamp design brings a vintage vibe for you to rock on your future days...
Printed on a super soft/super cozy French Terry Reversible Alternative Apparel!
Stacks Image 11139
>JON ROGERS octopus Zip Up Hoodie
Jon Rogers has done us the favor of creating a beautiful LUNA octopus! We really like this guy!printed on soft Alternative Apparel Eco-Jersey (50% Polyester, 38% Cotton, 12% Rayon)—this LUNA hoodie is perfect for layering and lightweight enough for year-round wear!

classic fit…
Stacks Image 11067
>COMMERCIAL ARTISAN 'SLEEVE' T-Shirt
Commercial Artisan (James and Jon Sholly--OG LUNA family) bring the heat with this thin-lined, minimal beauty of a design!
Alternative 100% cotton black shirt, printed with white ink—we've lost control again…

CLICK here for a GOOOD look at the detail!
Stacks Image 11167
>JON ROGERS octopus Zip Up Hoodie
Jon Rogers has done us the favor of creating a beautiful LUNA octopus! We really like this guy!printed on soft Alternative Apparel Eco-Jersey (50% Polyester, 38% Cotton, 12% Rayon)—this LUNA hoodie is perfect for layering and lightweight enough for year-round wear!

classic fit…
Stacks Image 11024
>BrainTwins 'LUNAR phase' T-Shirt
BrainTwins, fresh from killing our #rsd18, have got your phases sorted!
Alternative 100% cotton asphalt grey shirt, printed with #319—chart your tide with this one…
Stacks Image 11061
>the LUNA music / Jacob Gardner THANK YOU Tote!
DIG THIS! Making its debut on the 21st—we are delighted to have the our
second King Cataract-designed tote—just in time for #RSD18!

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
one and all…
Stacks Image 11018
>RICHARD EDWARDS - LIVE at LUNA music RSD 2017 vinyl LP
This. This is what it is ALL about, when you've been in the game for 30+ years—it's working with friends!
If you partied with us last year, on RSD, then you were fortunate to see Richard Edwards captivate the crowd (it was his first public performance in years) with a stripped-down, direct-shot set of the lethal songs from his his just-released ’Lemon Cotton Candy Sunset’ LP—as well as a few songs from his earlier cannon.
Stacks Image 11117
>LUNA music / NATHANIEL RUSSELL YETI SOCKS
Keep your feet sweet with these LUNA music / Nat Russell Yeti Socks!
These 98% cotton ring-spun knit socks are cozy from the jump...
Stacks Image 11079
>COMMERCIAL ARTISAN 'SLEEVE' T-Shirt
Commercial Artisan (James and Jon Sholly--OG LUNA family) bring the heat with this thin-lined, minimal beauty of a design!
Alternative 100% cotton black shirt, printed with white ink—we've lost control again…

CLICK here for a GOOOD look at the detail!
Stacks Image 11073
>BrainTwins 'LUNAR phase' T-Shirt
BrainTwins, fresh from killing our #rsd18, have got your phases sorted!
Alternative 100% cotton asphalt grey shirt, printed with #319—chart your tide with this one…
Stacks Image 11170
>COMMERCIAL ARTISAN 'SLEEVE' T-Shirt
Commercial Artisan (James and Jon Sholly--OG LUNA family) bring the heat with this thin-lined, minimal beauty of a design!
Alternative 100% cotton black shirt, printed with white ink—we've lost control again…

CLICK here for a GOOOD look at the detail!
Stacks Image 8838
>the NAT RUSSELL TEAM LUNA cursive Baseball T-Shirt
Team up with the TEAM LUNA cursive Baseball T!
Printed on Alternative Apparel, this 3/4-length sleeve T (along with a double split fountain of bleu and yellow ink) is a soft, lightweight Eco-Jersey (50% Polyester, 38% Cotton, 12% Rayon)—with a super comfortable feel!
Stacks Image 11001
>the NAT RUSSELL storefront T-Shirt
We REALLY dug this very rad Nat Russell illustration, from our 20th Anniversary Lathe-Cut Box Set--so much so, we thought it'd make a great shirt!

This lovely blue is a super soft, 100% cotton, Alternative Apparel T and is also available in
ladies sizing and styling.

Best to
hit this link, to see ALL the detail...
Stacks Image 10954
>the JON ROGERS octopus T-Shirt
Jun Ra gives us his take on this LUNA-centric Octo!
Printed on a super-comfy, 50/50 blend, Alternative Apparel Keepsake Vintage Jersey T-Shirt!
Stacks Image 11070
>BrainTwins 'LUNAR phase' T-Shirt
BrainTwins, fresh from killing our #rsd18, have got your phases sorted!
Alternative 100% cotton asphalt grey shirt, printed with #319—chart your tide with this one…
Stacks Image 11027
>the LUNA music / Jacob Gardner THANK YOU Tote!
DIG THIS! Making its debut on the 21st—we are delighted to have the our
second King Cataract-designed tote—just in time for #RSD18!

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
one and all…
Stacks Image 11021
>RICHARD EDWARDS - LIVE at LUNA music RSD 2017 vinyl LP
This. This is what it is ALL about, when you've been in the game for 30+ years—it's working with friends!
If you partied with us last year, on RSD, then you were fortunate to see Richard Edwards captivate the crowd (it was his first public performance in years) with a stripped-down, direct-shot set of the lethal songs from his his just-released ’Lemon Cotton Candy Sunset’ LP—as well as a few songs from his earlier cannon.
Stacks Image 7534
>the JON ROGERS octopus T-Shirt
Jun Ra gives us his take on this LUNA-centric Octo!
Printed on a super-comfy, 50/50 blend, Alternative Apparel Keepsake Vintage Jersey T-Shirt!
Stacks Image 11004
>the NAT RUSSELL storefront T-Shirt
We REALLY dug this very rad Nat Russell illustration, from our 20th Anniversary Lathe-Cut Box Set--so much so, we thought it'd make a great shirt!

This lovely blue is a super soft, 100% cotton, Alternative Apparel T and is also available in
ladies sizing and styling.

Best to
hit this link, to see ALL the detail...
Stacks Image 11064
>COMMERCIAL ARTISAN 'SLEEVE' T-Shirt
Commercial Artisan (James and Jon Sholly--OG LUNA family) bring the heat with this thin-lined, minimal beauty of a design!
Alternative 100% cotton black shirt, printed with white ink—we've lost control again…

CLICK here for a GOOOD look at the detail!
Stacks Image 11082
>BrainTwins 'LUNAR phase' T-Shirt
BrainTwins, fresh from killing our #rsd18, have got your phases sorted!
Alternative 100% cotton asphalt grey shirt, printed with #319—chart your tide with this one…
Stacks Image 11125
>LUNA music / NATHANIEL RUSSELL YETI SOCKS
Keep your feet sweet with these LUNA music / Nat Russell Yeti Socks!
These 98% cotton ring-spun knit socks are cozy from the jump...
 

LUNA music essentials...

Stacks Image 10889
>Greta Van Fleet – Anthem Of The Peaceful Army CD/LP (Republic)
Vintage Michigan rock 'n' rollers Greta Van Fleet offer up their highly anticipated debut album. Drawing inspiration from song-based artists like Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Joan Baez, and stylistic comparisons to Led Zeppelin due to piercing lead singer Josh Kiszka's uncanny resemblance to Robert Plant, epic first single "When The Curtain Falls" ushers in Greta Van Fleet's classic rock revival.
Stacks Image 10856
>Cloud Nothings – Last Building Burning CD/LP+MP3 (Carpark)
Last Building Burning is the product of eight days with producer Randall Dunn (Sunn O))), Wolves In The Throne Room, Boris) in Texas studio Sonic Ranch. Clocking in at just over half an hour, the eight-song album sees Cloud Nothings capture their onstage appeal with help from Dunn, who Dylan Baldi describes as “technically minded without relying on technology to perfect the live sound.” In that, Last Building Burning is a return to Cloud Nothing's sharpest form – the unhinged, feverish, guitar-heavy sound that they explode with onstage – without their early angst.
Stacks Image 11101
>Jr. Thomas & The Volcanos – Rockstone CD/LP (Colemine)
Jr. Thomas & The Volcanos’ sophomore effort Rockstone is more than just a love letter to the roots of Jamaican music. It’s an actual love letter. Rockstone isn’t just another throwback record to an era gone by. It’s a record that takes risk within the genre, but more importantly it’s a genuinely honest record. “I called the album Rockstone because true love cannot be defeated,” he adds. “It lives forever. We write tributes on our tombstones because they live on beyond our lives as a remembrance of something special and important to us.” [Limited colored vinyl pressing also available.]
Stacks Image 10871
>John Carpenter – Halloween [OST] CD/LP (Sacred Bones)
When the new Halloween movie hits theaters in October 2018, it will have the distinction of being the first film in the canon with creator John Carpenter's direct involvement since 1982's Halloween III: Season of the Witch. The new soundtrack pays homage to the classic Halloween score that Carpenter composed and recorded in 1978, when he changed the course of horror cinema and synthesizer music with his low-budget masterpiece.
 

sweet vinyl gems...

Stacks Image 11104
>Will Oldham – Songs Of Love And Horror CD/LP (Drag City)
Songwriter Oldham, guitar and voice operating in quiet tension and ultimate accord, revisits songs that made him (that he made) and others in new versions that quiver like fresh young things in the air of today.
Stacks Image 10917
>Barenaked Ladies ‎– Stunt [Reissue/1998] CD+DVD/2xLP (WB)
20
th Anniversary Edition featuring several bonus tracks along with a DVD that includes the 1999 documentary Barenaked In America, directed by long-time fan Jason Priestly, about the band's Stunt tour.
Stacks Image 10964
>The Beta Band
– The Three EPs [Reissue/1998] CD/2x12”/4x12”+CD (Because Music)
– The Beta Band [Reissue/1999] 2xCD/2xLP+2xCD (Because Music)
CD and vinyl reissues of the Scottish band’s 1998 EP collection and 1999 debut album.
Stacks Image 10785
>The Cranberries ‎– Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? [Reissue/1993] 2xCD/4xCD/LP (Island)
25th Anniversary reissue remastered At Abbey Road under the supervision of the band's Noel Hogan. Expanded with a disc of B-sides.
Stacks Image 10859
>Jeff Buckley – Live At Sin-é [Reissue/2003] 4xLP (Sony Legacy)
First time on vinyl – 34 Songs recorded live during Jeff Buckley's café days in the summer of 1993.
 

up-front pre-order magic—for delivery or pick-up!

Stacks Image 11093
>MARGOT & THE NUCLEAR SO AND SO'S - Animal! (Blue Vinyl Edition) 2-LP Set
2008 saw the release of, not one, but two albums from Margot & The Nuclear So and So's. 10 years later, both releases are once again lovingly repressed and available on wax...

Out 09 NOV 2018…
Stacks Image 11161
>MARGOT & THE NUCLEAR SO AND SO'S - Not Animal (Pink Vinyl Edition) 2-LP Set
2008 saw the release of, not one, but two albums from Margot & The Nuclear So and So's. 10 years later, both releases are once again lovingly repressed and available on wax...

Out 09 NOV 2018…

Stacks Image 11128
>MARGOT & THE NUCLEAR SO AND SO'S - Vulgar In The Chapel (Pink and Clear Vinyl Edition) LP
Recorded at home and in the nukes warehouse studio, Vulgar in the Chapel offers a unique contrast to the aural onslaught present on Animal! and Not Animal . This collection of never before released demo recordings sees the sonic bombast stripped down to just Edwards and his acoustic guitar, offering a more intimate glimpse into the songwriting process behind Margot s cult sophomore albums. Includes 2 never before released songs.

Pressed on
pink and clear vinyl!


Out 09 NOV 2018…
Stacks Image 11183
>FLEET FOXES - First Collection 2006-2009 (Black Edition Vinyl) 4-LP Set
Fleet Foxes and Sub Pop present a limited-edition collection in honor of the 10th anniversary of Fleet Foxes’ debut LP. First Collection 2006–2009 spans the early days of Fleet Foxes’ career, including the self-titled debut album, plus the Sun Giant EP, The First EP (formerly a self-titled, very limited-edition, self-released EP), and B-sides & Rarities. The vinyl version is packaged in a lavish box, with a 12” LP of the debut album and separate 10” records for each of the added titles; the CD version has a separate CD for each title. In addition to its musical offerings, the collection features a 32-page booklet including show flyers, lyrics and artwork from band’s early history. First Collection 2006–2009 is available on Nonesuch Records in the UK and Europe and on Sub Pop Records for the rest of the world.

Fleet Foxes’ debut album made a tremendous impact on the international musical scene, topping numerous “best of” lists, including Rolling Stone’s 100 Best Albums of the 2000’s and Pitchfork’s 50 Best Albums of 2008, and earned the band Uncut’s inaugural Music Award Prize. Fleet Foxes is certified Gold in North America and Platinum in both the UK and Australia.

Fleet Foxes’ most recent release was the critically acclaimed full-length, Crack-Up, released June 2017 on Nonesuch. Following a six-year hiatus, the band delivered an internationally beloved full-length album, sold out notable venues including Red Rocks Amphitheatre and the Hollywood Bowl, performed on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert as well as CBS This Morning, and earned year-end recognition from Esquire, Consequence of Sound,Paste, Uproxx, Vulture, and more.


out 09 NOV 2018...
Stacks Image 11090
>HISS GOLDEN MESSENGER - Devotion: Songs About Rivers and Spirits and Children (Black Vinyl Edition) 4-LP Set
On November 2, Hiss Golden Messenger will release Devotion: Songs About Rivers and Spirits and Children, a limited-edition deluxe box set which includes remastered reissues of the classic Hiss albums Bad Debt, Poor Moon, and Haw as well as Virgo Fool, a rarities compilation that will only be available physically as part of this collection. Both the 4-CD and 4-LP sets are housed in a cloth-wrapped, foil-stamped slipcase and feature original iconographic artwork by Sam Smith, an exclusive foldout poster, full lyrics, and new liner notes by New Yorker writer Amanda Petrusich and MOJO editor John Mulvey. The vinyl set also includes a digital download of all tracks.

“Come the brightest, brightest day, the north wind’s gonna be a friend of mine.”

4 LPs on black vinyl in individual single sleeves housed in cloth-wrapped, foil-stamped slipcase. Includes insert with lyrics for each title & 10” x 22” poster (exclusive to box set). 12’ x 12” insert shrinkwrapped to back of the box with foil-stamped limited edition numbering.

Out 02 NOV 2018.
 

thanks for the love Time Out…

Stacks Image 11131
>Thanks so much to Time Out for including us in their 'The 24 best things to do in Indianapolis' round up!
Take a peek at the best things to do in Indianapolis, from top museums and attractions to live music and restaurants…
>check that list out
HERE!
 

of course we pay CASH for your used LPs...

edge
Actually, we buy (and sell) all sorts of pre-loved music!
We stock over 10,00 used LPs and we are always looking to purchase your unwanted LPs, CDs, and DVDs (in good condition) for $$$.
H
ouse calls made!
CLICK HERE for all the details...
LUNA music 5202 N. College Avenue Indianapolis IN 46220 USA (317) 283-LUNA